Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Bristol Zoo - An awesome day out!

Hey guys, I had the pleasure of spending the day at Bristol zoo on Sunday and thought it would be fun to share some of the pictures with you!


We both were concerned as on the Saturday morning the weather was super horrible, and did not want to spend the day walking around a zoo while it was pouring down with rain. But we were super lucky and the weather was lovely, the sun was shining although it was a little chilly. 


It was only £16 for the ticket and was really worth the money. The £16 is a special offer with the buses. If you catch a number 8 or 9 bus outside Bristol Temple Meads train station you can buy your ticket and your bus ticket for £16. This means you don't have to que up to buy ticket when you get there and takes you to pretty much outside the zoo front door.


We were super lucky as none of the animals were hiding away from us. When we got to the Lions it was 20 mins to feeding time so they were just waking up and roaming around the cage waiting for food. But one thing was really pleased with is we caught the gorilla feeding time and they all came out and I got some great shots of them!



I do think my favourite part of the day was the gorillas as we got to hear about there personalities and what there favourite food is. Its crazy how human like they are really makes you think. Apart from the gorillas another mention has to be made about the little dude above. A three week old baby meerkat! Now this little dude was really hard to get pictures of as I have discovered Meerkats are super protective. Every time a baby came out of a whole or little gap is was swarmed but the adults. There were three baby ones in the enclosure and were very well looked after, the adults pretty much hid the babies from you!


Hope you enjoyed my little post on Bristol zoo, if you ever get a chance to go I really recommend it. We spent 5 hours there!
I will try to work out how to put a little album up of the pictures I have taken so I can share some more cute animals with you.

And one more thing, thank you and hello to all my new followers, I have hit over 150 followers on Bloglovin and it really puts a smile on my face knowing you guys are enjoying my posts!